Applying for membership involves 4 steps:
1) Filling out a questionnaire
2) Filling out a Liability Waiver
3) Forwarding to us the waiver confirmation email
4) Paying a membership fee
1) The questionnaire must be filled out by each joining adult. Joining as a family (2 adults) requires filling it out twice.
2) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdb_vprcUBF5RMjWiv0cj8fYsKJhd19-5-4EqupEKCSHewh4w/viewform must be filled out and signed separately by each joining adult (18 or older). The names of children under 18 must be included for the children to be allowed at club events. This form is for people who have their own individual email address. Adults w/o email must use the paper waiver option
3) Shortly after step 2 you should receive an email with your waiver contents (it may end up in your spam folder). You must forward that email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you did not receive such an email, you can email us the text “I confirm that I filled out the Gorizont Alpine Club Liability Waiver google form on MM/DD/YYYY”.
We will send email to those who have successfully completed steps 1,2,3, but the email may take a few days. The quickest way to join the club is to complete step 4 right away.
4) The membership fee amount is listed in the following table:
January 1st – December 31st
July 1st – December 31st
|Regular Members ( 1 adult + kids 0-18)||$30.00||$15.00|
|Regular Member (65 years of age or older as of July 1st)||$20.00||$10.00|
|Family Members ( 2 adults + kids 0-18)||$50.00||$25.00|
|Full time student (18-30 years of age)||$20.00||$10.00|
|Out of state Members||$20.00||$10.00|
(½ year Jan1-Jun30 is explicitly not allowed)
(a) Paypal to email@example.com. Please put “membership” in the notes (and the year, if paying far in advance).
(b) If you don’t have Paypal, you can ask a friend with Paypal to send the payment – this is perfectly ok as long as the note indicates whose membership the payment is for.
(c) Cash in person to one of the following people: Anton Bogdan, Aleksey Dokukin.
(d) Check in person or by mail to 2429 241st St SE, Bothell, WA 98021. Please make check payable to Gorizont Alpine Club.
Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (note: your email may not reach us if your email address ends in .ru)
What happens next
If you have not heard from us within a week of completing the application:
– the most common reason is that you filled out the electronic waiver form but missed the step of forwarding the waiver confirmation email (the step marked “essential” on the waiver page)
– another common scenario is that your email address ends in .ru, which our email provider by default considers spam. In this case, please contact us via some other method so that we can arrange to have your address whitelisted
– if none of the above apply, please email email@example.com
Acceptance to the club does not guarantee access to all club events. Some events require specific skills / preparation, which may take months or years to acquire / verify. Also, most club events are conducted as part of “programs”, which may have specific time / attendance / sequence requirements and may limit entrance to certain times of the year (usually February-March). If this is a concern, you are encouraged to inquire about the specific events you are interested in by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before joining the club.
Prior to joining the club’s programs, we recommend that you consult a physician to check for any medical conditions that could be made worse by alpine sports. Many of the programs involve high-altitude events, where the vigorous physical demands and/or lack of oxygen may place unusual strain on your health.
Uninterrupted membership requires renewal payment by Jan 31. Reminders are sent to Members in December and January. Renewal is just a payment (no need to redo any paperwork).